5 days, 4 nights
May - September
Acclimatization hike to Lake Churup at 4,485 meters.
We leave Huaraz at 8am in private transportation and travel for 3 hours. We will arrive in car close to the base camp, and from here we will make our way up a switchbacking trail for 5-6 hours to the moraine camp where we will stay the night.
We will leave camp at 8am towards Campo 1, about a 5-6 hour trip
We will begin our summit bid leaving camp at 12am, guided by a professional mountain guide to reach the Chopicalqui summit at 6,354 meters. After enjoying the summit we will return to the morrain camp to rest.
We will leave camp at 8am and make our way back to the trailhead, where our transportation will take us back to Huaraz.
– Private transportation to and from Huaraz
– Professional guide
– Cook, kitchen tent, stove and cookware
– Camping gear ( tent)
– Donkeys and donkey drivers
– Technical gear (harness, helmet, crampons, ropes, carabiners, ice picks)
– All meals during the expedition, including boxed lunches
– First aid kit
– Huascaran National Park entrance ticket
– Mountaineering boots
– Sleeping bag (-30°) and sleeping pad
– Small backpack
– Trekking poles
– Base layers
– Waterproof clothing (jacket, rain pants)
– Lightweight clothing